Rusty; that is what I will say or define how it feels to be writing a blog post after ages. Not that I haven’t written at all, but whatever has been published since December 2013 has been reluctantly done.
So why start all over again?
Because, I have always loved doing this… blogging.
Why not re-initiate Startup Meme, a blog that has numerous posts, a reputation, a name and almost 7 years of digital existence?
I think I don’t have a satisfactory answer for that, but one reason could be having a new beginning altogether. Creating an identity from scratch (backspace, backspace, repeat).
Why the name, Blogdit?
Whatever is happening in the Digital Industry, aka online, web, mobile, media, etc. I am sure I have “blogd” (blogged) about it in the past. Let me recall:
- The revelation of the Jesus Phone. The entire Apple saga, with the launch of the iPhone 2G, evolution to iPhone 3G then the unforgettable “Antenna Gate” that Steve Jobs never considered to be the design flaw of the iPhone 4.
- Evolution of Facebook, from being a social media platform to help connect friends and family to becoming a media with Social Responsibility.
- Twitter’s rise and the age old story of the platform learning how to monetize.
- Google’s numerous projects, from the much hyped about Google Waves, Google Goggles to Google Plus as the platform meant to overtake Facebook. Google seems to have decided to wave goodbye to Google Plus, another one of its “experiments”. And there was Google Glass, which I think is still a bit too early for the folks.
- Startups like Drop Box, Evernote, KickStarter, TweetDeck, etc. all becoming massive success stories. While others like Plurk, FriendFeed, Waves, being either dead-pooled, merged or acquired by bigger giants.
- Android that came in late, was alleged of being an iOS rip off becoming the largest mobile operating system.
- YouTube being the dominant force when it came to online video sharing, viewing, etc. to being competed aggressively by Facebook when it comes to videos. Quite frankly, with 1 Billion people online on Facebook and almost always signed, it comes off as a little surprise.
- Nokia, meeting its inevitable fate, which I recall predicting back in 2010. The swift fall from grace began with the smartphone division of Nokia being acquired by Microsoft.
I am sure I can go on with the list, so let’s end it there. The focus now is on what lies ahead and what I will be blogging about in the days to come. I am associated to the Digital Marketing and Technology industry, which makes it even more important for me to blog; sharing whatever I have from experience with everyone at large.
So what is it that I will be writing about?
Well, everything that I have been. Startups remain my passion, social media has turned out to be the profession I am associated to. I will therefore be writing about all that I think inspires me, adds value or knowledge that can be amplified and put up at BlogdIt for everyone to benefit (if it does).
I still think I am a bit rusty and it will take some time for me to flex my muscles and strike a consistent frequency. If you do have any specific ideas or topics that you think I should write about, please feel free to drop me a Tweet at smohkim or email me at smohkim at gmail dot com. If you think you wold like to contribute, you are more than welcome to connect with me!
I have blogdit!